Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mmmm, fish

I am always looking for good fish recipes, (I can use all the help with my memory that I can get) and of all places, I found an awesome one in a Parents magazine. Crazy, right? I made it tonight and it was sooo good! It's great for a summer meal, it's really light. Plus, it's muito facil. Give it a shot:

(Sorry, no picture - Carter tore the one out of the magazine and I didn't take one of mine - although it was totally picture worthy).

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 pound tilapia fillets (about 6)
4 tsp canola oil
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tsp corn starch
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
2 Tbsp nonpareil capers, rinsed and drained, optional

Combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge fish in flour mixture, coating well.

In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add fish cook until brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook another minute, then remove to a plate.

Increase heat to high and add broth to skillet. Bring to a boil and reduce until 1/2 cup remains, about 3 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 Tbsp water and whisk into broth. Cook another minute, then add butter, parsley, lemon juice and capers. Spoon sauce over fish.

1 comments:

Christine Chaplin said...

This was delicious! I'm making this tonight!