Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Before and After

I finally finished cleaning up the office last night after a month of it being a complete disaster. I always think it will only take a week to redo a room, and it always takes a month. I need to be more realistic. I am still waiting on my side table for the printer to go on sale, and I am looking for the perfect chair to go in the empty corner, but here it is! I forgot to take before shots, so you just get the after. It looked pretty much like the rest of the house - we painted everything and did new hardware.
The curtains are what I am most proud of. I finally found the curtains I liked, but they only had 2 long panels and a valence. So, with a little bit of magic, I have 3 short panels! I am well on my way to being sweatshop material (I do need to work on my speed, though. These took me about 3 hours).


I also finally got rid of this bad boy, dreamy as it was:

I now have this beauty. Now we just need to make the rest of the bathroom match.


3 comments:

Sarah L. said...

I love the re-do. The paint color is brigt and the trim looks good. I am way excited to get going on our house. You should put that sink on ebay. You know that there is someone out there who would want that. I love the buzz light year post. Good for you for letting him go out in his costume. If I could, I would dress up every day. :)

We are 3. said...

it looks really good- you should have bragged a little today and shown it off!

Angie Lewis said...

Nice work - can I hire you when we eventually get a house and have to paint/decorate it?! I also loved the Buzz story - what a great mom for letting him have some fun! More moms should be like you! :)