Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Crazy Legs or Crazy Linda???

About 3 weeks ago, my friend Jessica and I decided to join some of our other friends running Crazy Legs - an 8k in Madison today (ok, really I made her do it with me). At the time, we were running about 3 miles once or twice a week, and I use the term running pretty loosely there. Anyways, with 3 weeks of training, we did it! We ran the entire 5 miles. I thought I was going to die during the first mile and a half, but it got better after that. I really had no expectations of being able to run the whole thing, so I totally feel like a superstar. I came in 8023rd out of 27000. Not too bad, right? I finished in 51:12. Jessica beat me by 13 seconds, but we both came in under our estimated times of 55 min. We'll work on speed for the next one.

Me and Jessica pre-race
Whitney, Karen, me and Jessica. My camera was in the car, so we didn't get any great after pictures at the stadium. Just imagine this one, but with red faces and sweaty, windswept hair.
I can't wait for the next one!

4 comments:

Stewart Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stewart Family said...

I would have to say crazy Linda :o) Five miles, after only running three... I am impressed! Adding two miles is a big deal! Seems like it was a lot of fun though!

Angie Lewis said...

Way to go - I'm impressed! :)

Sarah L. said...

Congrats!!! Now go for a 10k. Then a half marathon and then the big marathon. I know you want to. You can never turn back now that you have run your first race. You go girl :)