Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

State Fair

This is horribly late, but Blogger has been having issues with uploading pictures and then it takes me forever to move them around which mostly leads to a lot of frustration and me giving up on the post. Then, my technologically advanced friend Karen told me about Windows live writer and I must say that I am very impressed. I was able to download all these pictures at once, and it took about 30 seconds instead of the usual 3-4 minutes. And it spell checks as you go. So there’s my plug for Live Writer.

Here is my plug for the WI state fair. We have been every year and I love it. I mark it on my calendar early in the year and look forward to it all summer. This year we caught the pig races for the first time. Carter had seen a picture of it in the paper and it was all he could talk about for days before.

First, check out the fans. We are talking hundreds of people here. And they showed up early. We were there 30 minutes early and got good seats, which was lucky, because the stands filled up fast. By the time it started, there were people sitting on the ground in front of us.

DSC_0020 Can you see the anticipation on their faces? Especially Mike’s…DSC_0022 The racing pigs:DSC_0027And ducks…DSC_0044

And goats…DSC_0033There were also potbellies pigs and a swimming pig. Only in Wisconsin (ok, maybe South Carolina or Tennessee).

We were assured however, that none of the pigs were involved in the much publicized chocolate covered bacon.

Then we hit up the animals – the cows, horses, sheep – you know, the usual. DSC_0052But let’s face it, we were really there for the food. DSC_0003DSC_0014 DSC_0046 Next year we are going without the kids so we can stay longer. Overall though, it was a great year for the fair, and we are definitely looking forward to next year!

0 comments: