Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Odds and Ends

I had my 36 week checkup today and everything looks good. He's head down, which is a good thing. I've started retaining water and that's been a lot of fun. My toes look more like lil' smokies than ever and I can't wear my rings anymore. Otherwise I just feel big and tired. I must look big and tired too, because people just can't stop telling me that I look ready to go anytime. "Really, another month?" I've just started telling people I just carry big and fat. What is it about being pregnant that makes people think they can say whatever they want about how big you are and somehow that's ok? Yes, I looked in the mirror this morning. Yes, I know that I have grown out of most of my maternity clothes. And yes, I do wonder where another month of baby is going to go. But all I want to hear is how beautiful and wonderful I look. Maybe even throw in a svelte. Whatever. Anyways, I'm not counting on going early, so one more month!

I went to Penzey's spice store today for the first time. As an avid cook I have to admit I am a little bit ashamed that I have lived minutes from the factory and have never gone. For those of you who may not know, they make amazing spices. Alton Brown and Tyler Florence use them. That is enough endorsement for me. Needless to say, a store full of small glass jars has never been a place that I have been dying to take my kids to. But today after hitting up the local ghetto farmer's market (another first - not the farmer's market, just this particular one in the ghetto) Samantha and I decided to check it out. We walked in and the first thing Samantha said was "it smells spicy in here...and good too." She did end up dropping a bottle and breaking the lid, but the nice lady there gave us a new one. Awesome store. If you have one close by, you should check it out. If not, they have a website here or else you can just come visit me. I have one down the street.

Well that's all the random rambling I have for tonight. Stay tuned for the annual State Fair report...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That was your FIRST TIME??? Shameful.

I'm slowly converting my spices to an all-inclusive Penzey's only club. They're not horribly expensive either, which I like. Oh, and they're not doing tours anymore, did I tell you that?