Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

This has been such a busy week! Mike had a half day on Friday and then Monday off for Memorial Day, so we decided to finally paint the living room. We have been putting it off because we knew it would be a huge project and it would be hard to have basically the entire downstairs off limits to the kids. Luckily the weather was great so Mike could take them outside while I worked. He did a lot too, but by the weekend, I am usually ready for a break from the kids, and he is ready to spend time with them after working all week. So it just works out best for me to do the projects and him to keep the kids out of the projects (it's different story once the kids are in bed - then I really put him to work!). I am still waiting for paint to dry on the doors to get them back on the coat closet and bathroom, but that should happen today. Then we just need to get some stuff on the walls and a few more finishing touches and we are done with one more room! Only 5 more to go!

On Monday we also went to our annual BBQ with some of our Kohl's friends. We were embarrassingly late because I had to get a coat of paint on the trim before we left. There were still quite a few people there though, and although I didn't get any great pictures, we had fun.

Afterwards, the weather was actually warm enough to bust out the water toys outside! Carter was a little bit hesitant about the slip n' slide at first - Mike had to throw him down it (he loved it) but once he got the hang of it, he had a great time.

Here are some pictures. For some reason, it won't let me move them, so they are a little bit out of order, but here are the kids playing in the water:

I wish my lawn were that green in real life - I have busted my butt on that lawn and still have dead spots and crab grass. Maybe next year, right?

And, living room before and afters:


I love it, it makes a world of difference. Come on over and check it out!



3 comments:

Jessica said...

Way to go superstar!Gorgeous living room, I love the new setup, can't wait to see it in person. And OMG that is the cutest swimming suit on Samantha! I just love it!

Sarah L. said...

I would love to come over and check it out. Then you can go to my house and do mine:) YOu did a great job. Don't you love making it your own? I do. have a great day

Unknown said...

It looks great! I love the new setup, too!!