Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!!!

Anyone who knows me well knows that I have never really been into holidays. Something about having 10 kids in the family makes it hard to do them well, I guess. We never really had any great traditions growing up that I can remember. Anyways, I just never really got into them. However, since having kids, especially now that Carter is getting older, I look for any chance to create fun traditions. We celebrated Cinco de Mayo by having tacos, rice and beans, mockaritas, and I even made flan! I didn't have a mold for it, so it didn't look quite right, but it tasted great! I did look for a pinata at Pick N' Save, but came up empty handed. Next year we will have a pinata and sombreros.
Carter's favorite part had to be the margaritas. I can't wait to have to explain that in church...


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

That's a really cute picture...how fun to celebrate just because! :)

Stewart Family said...

That is awesome to start new traditions! Sounds like a great meal! That is funny yesterday I made Pina Colada's and was thinking the same thing because James keeps asking for another one.