Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Back to school!

I took Carter back to school today and it was amazing! Yes, it was harder to get him there in his wheelchair (especially pushing it through the snow), but it is amazing the difference that it made in both of our days. I was able to spend 3 hours shopping with Samantha and he got to hang out with his school friends. I feel almost like a normal person again. I am going to try getting him there everyday. With 4 more weeks, it is the only thing that is going to save my sanity. Now if only the snow would melt so we don't have to check into getting 4 wheel drive for the wheelchair. I have a whole new appreciation for people in wheelchairs. And moms with kids in wheelchairs:).

2 comments:

Kat said...

I bet Carter had a great time with the diversion as well. What an ordeal you are going through. Too bad you aren't closer, I would love to help. Good luck!

Nicki said...

Hooray for normalcy! Good luck and I hope that helps everyone cope a little better!