Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumkins, picnics and pictures

We had such a fun day today! The weather was fabulous, so we went to pick pumpkins, have a picnic and try to get some family pictures. We stopped by the hospital to see Grandma first. She was glad to see the little ones and Carter was excited to tell her all about soccer and the pumpkins. She is doing better, she should be discharged Monday back to the nursing home for more physical therapy. They had the bed up after making it and the kids loved it.


Pumpkins! Carter changed his mind at least 3 times on which one he wanted and Samantha went from trying to pick them all up to trying to sit on each and every one of them. I absolutely love this farm that we went to. They have apples as well and so we had to grab some. I came home and made apple pies. Soooooo good. I love the fall. If only winter didn't have to follow so closely.

One of the few occasions that they are touching and neither of them are screaming. I didn't even ask for this...

And we did get a decent family shot (thanks Kara, awesome timing!). Carter struggles with smiling and Samantha was being a stinker most of the time. I need to invest in some head-swapping software.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The Burnetts said...

Very cute family pic! I love the fall, too - and the pumpkin farms are so fun! Wish we could have some of your apple pie...I'm not that ambitious!

Sharlin said...

Great pictures! Thanks for posting one with Mom. We are still having up to 80 degree weather here some days (cool in the mornings and warm in the afternoons). I am enjoying this Indian Summer, but the leaves are taking longer to change color.

Sharlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Cute pictures Linda! I can't believe how much Samantha has grown! It looks like you all had fun at the pumpkin patch.

Ivie Family said...

So I told my kids that you guys were coming to visit and maybe we could arrange a play date, poor Ellie has no friends around her age and would LOVE to see Samantha! Your kids are darling by the way!
Michelle

Iris said...

Cute family pictures! Did you say who did them for you?