Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Devastated.

My friend Karen has her annual pumpkin party today. I have been so looking forward to it. I found a fabulous recipe for swirled pumpkin cheesecake with a gingersnap crust. YUM! I stayed up until midnight last night baking and waiting for it to cool. Then, as I was reaching for the plastic wrap to put it away it somehow slid off the stove top where it had been cooling and splatted all over the floor! I cried. All that hard work for nothing. Mike and I did get a bite off the top that didn't touch the floor and it tasted delicious. I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse.

So, I have no idea what I will be bringing to the pumpkin party (the whole point is that everyone brings a dish with pumpkin as an ingredient). I just hope no one was too excited about the cheesecake.

3 comments:

Jodee Luke said...

oh my gosh Linda!!!! Aw bummer. If it makes you feel better I am bringing a cake that I don't even like.

Unknown said...

So sad! I almost cried too!

Don't worry about it. You can bring a smile.

Angie Lewis said...

I'm crying for two reasons now...first, that I'll miss the pumpkin party and second, for your cheesecake...so sad!