Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

God bless America

I am going to be out of town on Nov 4, so I went downtown and voted today. I have been putting it off because I knew it would be a production with the kids and all. But, I bribed them with M&M's and thanks to the nice registrar who loved kids, we were in and out, no problem. I think that it has something to do with having kids, but in trying to explain what I was doing to Carter, I was just overwhelmed with feelings of pride and gratitude that I was blessed enough to have been born in the USA. Regardless of how messed up things are right now, there are people all over the world who give up everything just to clean toilets here. I am so grateful when I think of how I have been blessed with so many freedoms and how much better my children's lives will be because we live here. Go America!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to be on the ball and do your civic duty!