Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Catch up.

It has been a while since I have posted. Somehow I manage to keep caught up on everyone else's blogs but mine. Anyways, here's a recap of what we have been up to:

Carter got his school pictures taken. He came home and informed me he didn't smile at all. "The guy said we just had to sit there." Fabulous. What more did I expect?

I have been taking a less than informative photography class. There are about 10 of us in the class. 4 of us have more than point and shoot cameras. One woman actually opened her brand new camera the first night of class. Do you really need an 8 week class for a point and shoot? Really? Maybe. Last time one lady asked if she needed to turn the camera on to get to the menu. Next week we start taking pictures. Luckily I am taking it with a friend. Otherwise I would be licking my camera batteries just for the entertainment factor. I am hoping that when we actually turn the cameras on things will get better. I'm not counting on it though.

Mike's mom isn't doing well at all. She is in a nursing home full time now and they have started hospice care. It is sad, especially when the doctors out here had filled us so full of hope for her recovery. We have an appointment on Monday with the hepatologist just to ensure that we have exhausted all options. We are trying to get loose ends tied up and make sure that she is comfortable.

I would say that winter is about 75% here. We are wearing socks around the house to keep our feet from freezing, the kids are wearing their footsie pajamas, and I busted out the down comforter. Just last week we were wearing shorts. We must have offended the weather Gods.

Carter started soccer. He was totally pumped up about it and was talking up how fast he was, passing everyone else. Mike told me that he passed 2 kids-both of them had just turned 3. Apparently Carter got my physical prowess. Sucker. The coach is tough. After this week, if anyone touches the ball they have to do laps. I love it.

My sister is coming out for Thanksgiving! I am so excited. It has been almost a year since I have seen her, too long. I am still trying to convince her to move out here. Something about the winters...

Anyways, nothing really exciting. Just life. I am looking forward to General Conference this weekend. Between my kids and the nursery calling I get very little adult spiritual interaction. Here's hoping the kids behave...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the perfect idea...you can move to California! It is still 80 degrees here. Then I can have a normal friend again! What do you think?

Jodee Luke said...

I'm sorry to hear about Mike's mom.....and your class.

My daily walks are starting to get shorter and shorter by the day...I wore 2 shirts yesterday and about froze!

Anonymous said...

Adults can dress in footed pajamas and be warm like the kids. Footed pajamas are available in adult sizes:

http://www.squidoo.com/footedpajamas

If you want to be famous, take a photo of the family in footed pajamas and submit it to the site. Your photo could be featured together with a link to your blog.