Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

World's Worst Mom

I am seriously feeling like the biggest failure right now when it comes to Carter. I just put him in bed yelling and screaming because I am too furious to deal with him right now. Why you ask? I don't even know. I am seriously sleep deprived, so is he, and both he and Samantha are still not feeling great. On top of that, Mike left for Vegas today and Carter always takes it really hard when Mike isn't around. We are both so oppositional and stubborn that we butt heads over the smallest things. The thing that set it off tonight was him refusing to sit on the potty. He has been complaining all day about how his tummy hurts. I know it's because the kid hasn't pooped in days, so I tell him he should sit on the potty for a while and see if he can poop. I brought all sorts of books to read and offered to entertain him if he would just sit there for 5 minutes. He just melted down and refused. It was downhill from there. Shouldn't I be the bigger person? I don't know why I let myself get dragged into an all-out battle with him. I guess I need more patience... a lot more patience. Part of me says this is just normal 3 year old behavior, but are all 3 year olds really this challenging? Don't get me wrong, it's not always like this and I feel horrible when this happens. When Mike is home he balances things out and keeps me in check. I seriously think this family would fall apart without him.
Anyways, I just needed to vent and it is impossible to get ahold of Mike while he is away on work (I think he is at a Manicures and Martinis party right now. Probably getting an awesome massage--it's tough work, right?)

2 comments:

The Burnetts said...

Linda -
Don't feel bad...Taylor got in big trouble the other day for running away from me at the park - she thought it was a game, I was thinking "how the heck is a pregnant mom with two bags and blanket supposed to chase you down and get you in the car"...huge melt-down. She spent the afternoon in her crib crying until she fell asleep. We all have those days!!! Things usually look better in the morning :)

Sarah L. said...

Oh sweety. Boys are hard as it is, but 3 year old boys. . don't worry, even the mother who swears she hasn't yelled at her kid is not telling the truth. I have had to many hard days with Asher. In fact today he found the honey and guess where I found it? all over the carpet, couch floor ect. . and I don't live in my own house. Yeah. so take a deep breath and every day is a new day.