Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Knock Knock

Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Orange you glad you don't live in Wisconsin?

This picture doesn't do it justice, but I didn't want to leave my front porch to get a better one. I swear we got 3 feet of snow yesterday. I went out and cleared the sidewalks and driveway around noon and by 9 that night, when Mike and I went out to shovel again, there was another 12" at least. Then the wind blows it into the huge drifts and there were spots where it was up to my thighs. Haven't we already had like 4 "storms of the season?" Can't we get a break? On a positive note, winter should be over in about oh, 4 months or so. Yuck.

Samantha ended up getting sick yesterday too, I don't know if she picked up something at the doctor's office the other day or what, but I didn't get around to posting anything yesterday. So, here are the before and afters of our projects:

Carter's room before:

And now: Samantha's Room:


Our Room:
And the dining room:

4 comments:

Sarah L. said...

I love that you painted the baseboards white. It made the rooms look so much better. And I love your window treatments. Good Job. Now whenever we buy a house it will be my turn. Any suggestions?

Nicki said...

Linda, you are amazing! It looks so great! We'll have to set up a playdate one of these days. I am a little grumpy about the snow and I just need to get over it and get out and do something fun. We're in the middle of several projects at our house and it's driving me insane. I do as much as I can, but, ya know. Do you know how to use a miter saw to cut trim? I screwed up and need help...Jake's not so available these days. This week, he's out of town Tuesday and Wednesday, we all go to St. George Thursday; then the goes to Pheonix on Monday and comes back to get us to fly back to Milwaukee on Tuesday. I'm just excited to go to warmer weather.

Linda said...

Sarah--you probably already know this from finishing the basement in your old place, but just assume that everything will take about twice as long as you think, and cost more too. I thought that we would have everything done by now. What a joke.

The Burnetts said...

Wow! Your house looks so great! Wish we could come and see! We would definitely have to wait for the snow to leave...we've become huge wimps to the cold living in SoCal...:)