Pages

Monday, December 24, 2007

Still busy!

I know I have been MIA lately, Mike and I have been working non-stop to get moved. It has been crazy. Either Mike or I have been at the house every night until 1-2 am working while the other one goes home, puts the kids to bed and packs there. Add in the apartment stuff that we still have to do (only one more week, yay!), Carter's birthday last Friday, Christmas, Young women's, and all this stupid snow I have to deal with, it has been a crazy month! I can't wait for this month to be over. Once we are in the new place it will be a lot easier to work on things after the kids are in bed. We are starting to see progress, though! I have 2 rooms all painted, ours and Samantha's. Carter's is almost finished, I just have to do the baseboards. We installed our new range today and brought the fridge back into the kitchen (it was living in the living room while we did the kitchen floor). It is finally starting to seem more like a house than a construction zone. The kitchen floor looks great. We did a vinyl tile, so it was easier to install than regular tile, but they have grooves for grout in between them. It was so hard grouting it, but it really looks good, I am excited to finish the rest of the flooring. There are so many more projects; someday we will be done, but not anytime soon. Hard work is good for you, right?

Anyways, I hope that everyone has a great Christmas! We will be celebrating in our new house, and I am really excited. This is the first year that Carter really gets Santa Claus and I really think he will love everything he gets. Christmas is so much fun with kids! I will try to write more later, but it may be a while. We are moving everything else this week, so I am sure to be busy!

0 comments: