Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Party Time!

So even with all the moving and painting and craziness that we have had this last month Carter had 2 weeks of straight party. His birthday was on the 21st, so we went to Chuck E. Cheese's. He had a blast. He is just starting to get the video game thing, so he just ran from game to game. Mike had just as much fun, if not more. I think it's a boy thing.
After that we came back home and had cake and ice cream and opened presents. He got some Geo Trax from me and Mike and his awesome aunt Amber sent him some as well. The look on his face was priceless:

Of course Christmas came just a few days later and with the move, a lot of our gifts from family got here after Christmas so he has been getting presents every couple of days. I don't know what he will do when he isn't getting packages every few days.
We had good Christmas-it was quiet. We spent the night at our old place and then came the new place where we had the tree set up for Christmas morning. Mike and I gave each other a house for Christmas. Of course, Samantha liked the paper more than what was inside, and Carter was just a typical 3 year old, just excited about the whole thing. It was very cute, he would help Samantha open her gifts: "just keep pulling the paper off, I wonder what it is! Just keep pulling..."
On top of all that, I had promised him that he could have a Mickey Mouse birthday party way before I knew we would be moving over Christmas, so the day after we moved I threw him a small party (note to self--do it early next year, before everyone goes out of town). I was a little bit nervous, because we never had birthday parties growing up and I haven't really been to a lot (my family struggles a bit socially). Anyways, it turned out great and I think all the kids had fun. Carter is still talking about it.

The house is finally coming together and I am slowly emptying boxes. It is very frustrating because every other time we have moved (that would be 5 times in the past 6 years) I have just worked my butt off and stayed up all night unpacking. I would be all unpacked and organized within 2 days of moving. I don't know if it is just because we have so much more stuff or because I get absolutely nothing done during the day, but I think I may never be done. As a matter of fact, I really should get working now that the kids are in bed. I'm out!

0 comments: