Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2007

I love cookies!

So I literally have a hundred things that I should be doing. My house is trashed, I have laundry to put away, I need to start packing, and I haven't even started anything even remotely Christmas-y. But alas, the things that I should be doing and the things that I want to do are not even close to coinciding. So here I sit vegged out in front of my computer. I am thinking of catching up on some Thursday night TV while I put away the laundry later. We'll see...


I have come to the conclusion that I will probably always carry an extra 5 pounds or so due to my new-found love of baking. Don't get me wrong, I have always loved cookies, but the cookies that I have made in the past have always just been ok. They were hard and really not that good. Soon after moving to Wisconsin, one of Mike's co-workers introduced him to the monster cookie. It has M&M's, chocolate chips, oatmeal and peanut butter. Cookie heaven! Then, my sister in law Holly introduced me to the Neiman Marcus cookie. Yum. I mastered that. I made them in mass quantities. At almost every point in the last year or so I have had a batch of dough frozen ready to go at a moment's notice. Some people freeze meals before they have babies, I froze Neiman Marcus cookie dough.

Then came the ever elusive sugar cookie. I have never had luck with the sugar cookie. I think a lot of people struggle with them, it is so hard to get them just right. My favorite cooking friend Karen found a fabulous recipe for sugar cookies that she was kind enough to share. These are the bomb (yes, I know that no one uses that word anymore). I made them when we had people over for a game one time. They raved..."these are better than store-bought!" Sometimes you try to be modest, find some little fault in them-they are a little overdone, whatever. All I could say is "I know, aren't they great?". The frosting is still store bought, but baby steps, right? Anyways, the reason for this whole cookie posting is that I have finally made a delicious chocolate chip cookie! Karen pulled through for me again and they were a definite success. A little bit crunchy on the outside, nice and soft inside. Fabulous. I am now on the hunt for the perfect peanut butter cookie. I am hosting a cookie exchange this next Tuesday and can't wait to try all the new recipes. I love cookies!!!

1 comments:

josieposie said...

Post the recipes please. Choc chip and sugar.