Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I hate Wisconsin.

Mostly, I just hate winter, and Wisconsin has a lot of it. It dumped 6 inches this past weekend. It wouldn't be so bad, except that we have to take care of the snow here and at our new place. We can hire people to shovel here, but nobody wanted the job. By the time that we got to the new place to shovel, everything had frozen solid, including the extra 6 inches that the plow trucks pushed in front of our driveway. I spent 2 hours digging through it. Not shoveling the driveway, just the entrance so we could get in at all. And when I say digging through it, I mean using a shovel as a pickax, breaking the ice into manageable chunks. Some kind soul shoveled our city walks for us. Bless their heart.

As I am writing this, it is snowing again. It's supposed to snow another 3-5 inches tonight and then every day for the rest of the week. Seriously, can't a sister get a break? All the time that we are supposed to be spending on the house is being spent on this crappy snow. I hate it. At this rate, we will never be done. And who wants to move in this weather? Not me (not that I really want to move in any weather, we move too much).

I know this all seems negative, but this is my life lately. It seems like it's just one thing after another. I need a long vacation.

On a positive note, Mike got the water upstairs working! We have a lot of friends who have also fixed up older homes, so we have quite a few people to offer advice. One of them suggested taking off the aerators. Thanks Grant! We also have 2 rooms all ready to paint and Mike has about half of that nasty Turquoise tile off in the upstairs bathroom. We are sad to see those go :). Now we just have to find the time to paint. As soon as this damn snow goes away...

1 comments:

Miriam said...

oh Linda....it'll get better. Once you get some of the work done on house and are all moved in, things will settle down and you can finish all your projects one at a time. It'll definately take a while (it does for everyone I promise), and you'll feel like your house will never be finished...but don't worry it will get done and you'll LOVE it! Good luck!!