Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Crappy snow.

I hate snow. The stinky city just called and yelled at me about our sidewalks. We live in a freakin' frozen tundra. There is about 1/4 mile of 6-inch thick ice out there. We have dumped probably 400 lbs of salt on it. We haven't been above freezing for a week. This guy has the audacity to tell me at 10:00 tonight that they need to be cleared by tomorrow morning. Are you kidding me??? I told him it wouldn't happen and he gave me until Monday. So generous. Anybody want to earn some extra cash shoveling snow? It's supposed to snow all week, so there is plenty of shoveling! You know you want to...

We went down to Chicago today and saw Phantom of the Opera. It was great--I don't think it was really Broadway quality, but it was good. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but I still think I like Wicked more. I think part of it is that I have been listening to the soundtrack since I was little, so I was expecting it to sound just like the CD and it didn't, so it seemed kind of off. It was a great day though. Our great friends Mike and Jessica donated their Saturday to watch my kids. I was very concerned about Samantha, she was traumatized from earlier this week when I left her at a baby sitters house. I really thought she would be horrible and cry the entire day. Luckily, she was ok. She was pretty irate when Jessica went in to get her up from her nap, but after that, she did ok. Such a relief. It was very nice to get out with our good friends Derek and Laura before they move to Utah (booo), and fabulous to get out without the kids.

Mike is out with an old friend visiting from Utah. Who knows when he will be home. I need to get to bed and get some beauty rest so I can shovel in the morning. Did I mention that I hate snow?

1 comments:

Sarah L. said...

I really can't say that I miss the snow. You need to move to California with me. See, then you won't have snow either.