Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Time

DSC_1010 Carter has been bugging us since the beginning of October to  carve pumpkins.  For how excited he was to carve them, he sure was offended when I told him he had to scrape the guts out of his own pumpkin.  He did end up sifting through all of the mess to pick out the seeds though, so I guess he warmed up to the slime. I typically love the finished project, but I’m not a huge fan of the process (or the mess).  Carter’s is the one with “the bandages for eyes, raindrop nose and toothy grin”.  Samantha’s is the surprised one.  She has known what her pumpkin was going to look like since we picked them out.  Mine is supposed to be a take on Frankenstein, but Carter informed me that it looks more like a monkey.  Rude.  Last year Grandma and Grandpa Forster were here for Halloween.  I kind of miss that.  Maybe next year (hint, hint). 

1 comments:

Forster pack said...

Love the pumpkins! I agree with you, I love the finished product but hate the middle.