Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

And still more.

Last one, I promise.  We took the kids up to Stewart Falls earlier in our trip.  They did so well hiking out there that I am inspired to find some  trails out here to take them on.  Carter especially really seems to love the outdoors.  It’s like he’s in his element there.  We rode the ski lift up to the top of the mountain and then hiked down – which was easier for the kids, but murder on my still-sore calves and blisters from Timp.  All in all, it was a fabulous day – except for the part when I had to scramble down a black diamond run to retrieve Ben’s dropped toy.

You can’t tell, but Mike is terrified of heights and was a bit frazzled after Samantha missed the jump onto the lift and was almost taken out by it.  DSC_0703 Ben had it easy in his carrier and I think he knew it.  DSC_0707 See what I’m talking about?  Isn’t it breathtaking?  Man, I miss these mountains.  These are home to me.  DSC_0708 And it kind of looks like Mike is taking a dump, but really he’s just trying to keep Ben on his back :).  DSC_0711 DSC_0714 DSC_0733 DSC_0738 Best buddies (for now).  DSC_0744

0 comments: