Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

More hiking…

When the kids heard that I was going to hike Timp they decided that they wanted to do it too.  Having never climbed more than our slightly inclined street before, I thought I would start them out easy.  I explained that we could hike up to the Y on the mountain and they were on board.  It almost didn’t happen – for some reason it kept getting pushed back.  Finally, on our last full day in Utah, Carter, Samantha and I went hiking with Grandpa while Mike stayed back and packed and let Ben nap. 

As with any other activity, these Chaplins are only in it for the food.  After about the 3rd switchback I had to start bribing them: “I have gummy bears for whoever can make it to the next sign…”  Worked like a charm.  I have to say that they were troopers and did better than I expected.  When we made it to the top Carter just kept saying “I’m so glad we made it!’ DSC_0809I was glad we made it too!  It was a perfect day, and it was so fun to share some of my favorite childhood experiences with my kids.  I hope they remember these times as they grow up.     DSC02511 Sammy could totally not care less that she has crazy sweaty hat head.  DSC_0838And a big thank you to Grandpa for taking the day off to join us!  We love you!DSC_0824 DSC_0832

0 comments: