Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Getting Closer…

To my dream of being a cattle rancher in Montana.  Ok, make that owning a cattle ranch.  I’m not sure how much of the ranching I actually want to do.  Anyways, right before school got out for the summer we got to join Carter and his class on their field trip to the petting farm.  It was pretty great.  For the kids at least.  They didn’t let me ride the ponies. 

 DSC_0298  Now was Samantha smiling because of the pony ride? DSC_0313Or was it the cute boy that she was making eyes at?  Seriously?  It starts already?DSC_0312 Carter was constantly reassuring his pony.  I don’t think he even noticed the cute girl.  That’s my boy.  DSC_0317 Holding a chicken is pretty great…DSC_0328 But it’s even better when you cornered and caught the chicken yourself!  I love the absolute look of pride on his face.  DSC_0335 This is Carter’s BFF from the bus, Keesa.  She reminds me a lot of Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter.  This was the one picture that she wasn’t doing a strange dance in.  DSC_0345 Samantha had fun, but was less than impressed by the hands-on aspect.  I don’t think she would share my ranching dreams.   DSC_0350The nice lady coerced her into milking the cow with lots of help. DSC_0353 DSC_0366Carter on the other hand, got right in there and showed that cow who was boss.  He’s totally going to be my right-hand ranch man.  DSC_0362

0 comments: