Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

What I have been up to

What have I been up to, you ask? Probably not, but you are going to find out anyways. Certainly not blogging as you can tell. Well, it all started with one little tote bag. Then my friend Karen showed me a diaper bag that her cousin had made and somehow talked me into making one with her. Let me clarify something here: up until now, I have been a straight line sewer. I can make pillows, curtains, pretty much anything with a straight line. My tote a while back was my first experience with gusseted corners. This diaper bag has a zipper, snaps, mitered corners, interfacing, and elastic. To be completely honest, I really didn't think that it would turn out to be anything that I would really want to take out in public, let alone acknowledge that I had some part in it's creation. Anyways, it turned out amazing! It's hard to tell from the picture, but here is the finished product. You can go to Karen's blog here to see better pictures. Mine is the same, except with black lining. It's basically a modified messenger bag. I can't wait to start using it, it's that great. If you are curious, we got the tutorial here.


I felt like such a rock star that I thought I would whip out another tote for Carter's teacher as a end-of-school-year present. It also turned out fabulously. I honestly never saw the point to sewing, but who knew that I could make something cute? Not me. Now that my eyes have been opened, I may never be the same. Neither will our dining room/modified sewing room.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

They look faaaabulous!!! And we are rockstars.

Kristi said...

Hey, those are pretty shnazzy! I remember when you made curtains for your apartment in Utah.

January said...

Those are super cute! Way to be super talented

Sharlin said...

Awesome! Check out the blog Modern Myrtle. My friend has a business making such bags, etc.