Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

Move over Martha!

Ok, I know I have been absent from the blogging world for a while now. I don't know if it's nesting, the lack of TV, or my never-ending to-do list, but I have had the hardest time just sitting still. I am constantly thinking of another project that needs to be done or room that needs to be cleaned. It feels like whenever I check one thing off my list another 2 pop up. It probably has something to do with the feeling that in 14 weeks my life will be turned upside down and I will never accomplish anything else around the house. That may not be true, but I think that belief is part of what keeps me going at a million miles a minute. Needless to say, downloading pictures and blogging has been at the bottom of my list. I will try to do better just in case there is anyone out there missing me.

I have been wanting a new bag for church for a while now. Mike seems to be ok with the ghetto black vinyl diaper bag that we got free from the hospital when Samantha was born, but a girl can only take so much. Then, my friend Karen gave my other friend Jessica this amazing tote for her graduation present. It was handmade and super cute. So we finally got together this week and she helped us make our own. Check it out. That's right, it's reversible.


It's one of the first things that I have made that I am actually really proud of (I guess besides my kids :)). I don't love the process of sewing, but I have to say the feeling I got when I held the finished product was pretty great. I may have found a new hobby...

Which makes me wonder again - what happened to me? Check out this email I sent the other day:

"Ok, so sewing may not work tomorrow afternoon. Aldi has strawberries for $.49/lb so I will be making jam tomorrow afternoon. Let’s still plan on Hobby Lobby tomorrow and sewing Wednesday if that still works."

Seriously? Pushing back sewing so I can make jam? Wow. I have become a full-fledged Mormon Mama. Aren't you proud, mom?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks great!!! And I was totally cracking up at your post. You ARE Martha!!

Lindsey said...

That is way cute! I've been wanting to make a church bag too.

Jessica said...

You are so uber talented! I love the bag, turned out so cute, and I've love hanging with you all week!

Unknown said...

You're so funny- just a regular Martha!