Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Victory Team Chaplin

We have had a garage door opener for a while. It's just been in a box. We can open the garage by hand and with the nice weather I don't really care about parking in the garage, so it hasn't really been a priority for us. Mike started it a few weeks ago when a friend generously offered to help out. They got it assembled, but had to get some parts before it could be installed. The other day as I was trying to get the kids in the car in the remnants of the hurricane that hit a few days ago it moved up the priority list a couple spots. Then, this past weekend when I accepted that summer is over and pulled out all of my dying flowers it shot up to the top of the list. I know it's a small thing, but it is really nice to just push a button and have your garage open. Especially when it is -20 outside. Something that you don't really appreciate until you don't have it. Anyways, Mike and I finally finished it and I have to say I think we did a pretty great job. I don't have a video camera or else I would have gotten some opening/closing footage. You can imagine, though. If not, come on over--I'll open it for you:).

1 comments:

Sarah L. said...

Why are you so funny. You can make an entry about your garage door funny and I will read the whole thing. I can't say that about everyone:) Enjoy your garage. Wish I could come and see it:)