Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

What a week!

This week has been pretty rough. We have had lots of ups and downs. Carter woke up Monday morning with a fever. He came down with a bad cold and ended up with an ear infection. That alone hasn't been that bad - he really hasn't done much but sleep all week. He is feeling better now, and hopefully he will be back to school on Tuesday. Ben has been teething lately (his first tooth popped out today!) and on top of that, he got whatever Carter got. No ear infection, just the cold. So he has been cranky all week.

In spite of Carter being sick and Ben being cranky, we had a great Thanksgiving! With Carter being sick all week and we were thinking that we may have to miss out, but he was doing better Wednesday night/Thursday morning so we went over to a friend's house and had a fabulous dinner with some of our best friends. I made a turkey, and it was delicious!



By the time we were done with dinner, Carter was feeling sick again and went to lay down. Samantha wanted to be a part of the party too.




On Friday I finally took Carter to the doctor. While we were in Walgreen's filling his prescription afterwards my car got broken into. They stole my GPS and my camera. I was devastated over the camera. I think that Carter may have been even more upset. I had Mike come and pick him up so he wouldn't have to wait for the cops with me. Mike said it took him 10-15 minutes to calm him down. He was crying and going on about how people should just be honest and how it was just a terrible thing. Samantha offered to give me her camera as a replacement. We are working with the insurance and I have overcome the initial devastation. Mike got my window fixed and hopefully I will have a new camera by Christmas.

Finally, I got to see New Moon yesterday. It was so fun to go out with the girls and leave the kids at home. I can't say that it was my favorite movie ever, but I thought it was good. I have to admit that I think Jacob is pretty dang hot. I also have to admit that it causes some serious internal conflict because he reminds me a bit of my little brother. I think it's mostly the mouth, I don't know. Something to discuss with my therapist I guess.

Hopefully with some medication and rest we will be back to normal this week!

0 comments: