Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

80's Rock

We went to a birthday party last weekend with an 80's theme. I'm not usually a fan of dressing up, but I did love the 80's. I had a harder time with the belly issue, so I didn't get the tapered pants or leggings that I really wanted. I just had to peg my maternity pants. It's hard to see the bangs here, but they were really the piece de resistance. It's like they just remembered what they were supposed to do. Ratted with lots of hairspray, they were a thing of beauty. Mike thought it was funny that I did my hair faster for this than I ever have otherwise.

Mike went for the tough guy look with the bandanna and some fake tattoos. I basically felt like his knocked up girlfriend. These aren't the best pictures (hint, hint Kara), but you get the idea.


I probably could have used some more color in my makeup, but the 80's makeup standards were really high! And I threw out the bright blue last week. I had to make do with some bright blush.




The other outfits there were amazing. I can totally see why the 80's are back. I missed them and I didn't even know it.
Update: I stole these off Kara's blog. You really get the knocked-up-girlfriend vibe here:
And the bangs. The beautiful bangs...

2 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

I'm guessing the Lukes went to the same party...that or there are a lot of people that like the 80's out there. You guys look awesome! :)

January said...

oh those bangs are very early saved by the bell!!!! lol. Where did you get the shirts?