Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Chef in Training

One of my greatest loves in life is food. I would even go so far as to say it is my passion. I love cooking it, I love eating it, I love sharing it. So nothing makes me happier than to walk into the living room and find my little Carter watching the Food Network. He loves to help in the kitchen. While I wish I could say that I am one of those super patient moms who lets their kids make messes and experiment in the kitchen, I'm not. I let Carter help, but the anxiety it gives me sometimes just isn't worth it.

Anyways, one of our favorite things to do is watch cooking shows and get ideas for meals. The other day we were watching Cooking for Real and she was making Catfish Sticks and Wheely Good Pasta and Cheese. Carter decided that he really wanted to make it for dinner sometime, so we finally got to the store this week to get everything and we cooked up a storm last night! Everything turned out amazing, but I did learn that anything that says "quick" or "easy" is neither with a 4-year-old sous chef. We were just sitting down to eat with 15 minutes to go before all of the young women from my church showed up.

Today it was homemade Mozzarella, breadsticks/bread and spaghetti and meatballs (courtesy of ourbestbites.com). Again, neither quick nor easy, but so delicious. It is so fun to see my little man learning so much about cooking and getting so excited about it. I need a bigger kitchen so he can have his own station. For now he will have to settle for his own chair.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Karen said...

I love having Alex in the kitchen with me too. Few things better!