Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The great outdoors

We were invited by another family to go camping over the 4th of July weekend. I will admit I was a little bit hesitant being 7 months pregnant and all, but I am so glad that we went; we had a blast! There were lots of other kids for Carter and Samantha to play with and lots of great company for me and Mike.
Of course the food was great. I love tinfoil dinners. I really should make them on the grill more often. We tried corn on the cob in the fire as well, and yeah, it was amazing. I could eat this all day long.
One of the other families we were with has a boat and were kind enough to take everyone out. The water was a little rough for wakeboarding or skiing, but Carter and Mike got out on the inner tube and had fun.

Both Carter and Samantha absolutely loved the boat. Samantha could use some healthy fear of the water - once she got used to it, she was wandering all over the boat, trying to lean over the edge, standing up...absolutely fearless. Although once she felt it, the cold water wasn't really her cup of tea.
Here are our co-campers. Thanks for the invite and the fun memories!

3 comments:

Christine Chaplin said...

Uncle Jon loves the picture of Mike and Carter on the water! ;-)

Forster pack said...

Is that your new tent!?! I am so glad that you had fun. Way to be a pioneer and go camping at 7 months :)

January said...

Oh that boat looks so fun!!! way to be a domestic goddess with the cooking and the camping!