Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

4th of July

I have been a total blog slacker lately. I wish I had some great excuse like I have been soooo busy with all the fun stuff we are doing, but alas, I am just tired and a little bit lazy lately. But since my blog is the closest thing to a scrapbook that we have, you still get it all. Unfortunately I have found that when I don't post it when it's fresh, most of the witty comments I have thought of are gone, and I am left with a wit-less run down of the event. So, bear with me and I will do my best...
The actual fourth was nothing like I had planned. We were going to get back early from camping, go to the parade and then our friend's BBQ and then the fireworks. The actual day actually ended up something like this:
Get home from camping around 2
3 hour family nap time :)
Dinner consisting of the hot dogs and frog eye fruit salad we had prepared for the BBQ (I ate that dang salad every day for the next 4 days. I love it, but I think it will be a while before I can stomach it again)
Fireworks.
The kids lost interest in the fireworks after about 3. Carter was more interested in the straw all over the ground and Samantha was just in it for the food. All in all, kind of a dud of a day, but I think camping was worth it. So here's a belated Happy Birthday America!

0 comments: