Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

So long, Big Red!


Look who got his cast off yesterday! It was a wonderful day, to say the least. I do have to admit, I felt a little twinge when they threw away the cast (hey, it's been a part of our life for 2 months), but I am glad to see it go. He wasn't able to do as much as I thought he would. His one leg (mostly his knee) is still pretty stiff from being in the cast for so long and he is having a hard time bending it and holding weight on it. I think a part of him still thinks that it will hurt to stand on it like it did when he broke it. I think the major hurdle is in his mind. Anyway, the doctor said it could take up to a month for him to walk again - yikes! He is a determined little boy and I am hoping that it will be sooner. I was a little disappointed to hear that life would not be back to normal right away. At least we are on the right path now! Overall, I have to say that I have been incredibly impressed with this little man. We have had our cranky moments, but in general, he has been very brave and very positive about the whole situation. He's an awesome little boy!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jodee Luke said...

Yeah!!! I still can't believe he had to go through all that just from a slip on the floor! I hope you guys celebrated with ice-cream or cake or something:)

vanessa said...

Congrats. I hope things get back to normal quickly for you.

Jill said...

linda, that is so great!!! i bet he will be back to normal in no time. kids always amaze us. i'm so happy for your little boy! i bet he was ready. i'll have to hear how things are going on sunday if you are all healthy that is.

Kristi said...

Zach's arm was extremely stiff still after he got his cast off. Like you, we thought he would be playing like normal again right after, but no such luck. We had to force him to bend it, and it didn't get "normal" for a couple weeks. Hang in there, but at least you don't have to deal with stinky cast anymore. I would actually spray Lysol on Zach's because it stunk so bad!

Jessica said...

Give it up for the one amazing Mom, Linda you made it through, and it seems like it flew by. I'm so excited to take the kids for jogs now that the weather is nice!