Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Big Red take 2?

I have to say that Carter has been such a superstar since getting his cast off. Today we went out and had some one on one time and he was walking with me as long as he had something to hold on to. I use the term walking loosely, as he really hobbles, but he has made amazing progress in just a few days. He is seriously a trooper. He was so proud when he was able to walk all the way to his daddy in the other room and then down the stairs (with lots of help). Anyways, he was walking around the kitchen and decided to use the oven door handle to hold him up. The oven door opened and he fell, landing right on his knee - the broken leg knee. He fell down in the living room yesterday and had some serious drama over it so I just figured it was the same. 3 hours later when he was still in a lot of pain, we decided to take him in. Why do these things aways happen on a Saturday? Anyways, after 6 hours, an ER co-pay, a doctor who just wasn't sure if it was re-broken or not, 2 sets of X-Rays, talk of another spica cast, and a couple of consults it was decided that he just strained his tight muscles when his leg bent back and it wasn't re-broken. Hooray! We need to get him a walker. Do they make those in kid sizes?

4 comments:

Nicki said...

Linda--what an awful story! You're positive and funny...good thing he's okay, you may not have been able to maintain your sense of humor if he re-broke it.

We are 3. said...

My stomach literally sank when I started reading this, thinking "not again"!
I'm glad he's okay and glad you dont have to deal with another round of big red!

Kat said...

This is awful. I remember thinking the same way about Van once his 10 weeks was up with his broken leg...that he would be able to walk and work like normal. Make that a big no. It took several more weeks of therapy and hard work. I feel so bad for Carter. What a horrible thing for him to have to go through. He should be able to run and play like every other kid out there. I guess we all take stuff like that for granted. He (and you) is in my prayers.

Stewart Family said...

man! What a major adventure with that leg. Poor guy. He must be so happy to have it off, but learning to walk again-WOW!! I am glad that he didn't re-brake his leg.