Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mike and I have been having this debate for a few years now. In his house growing up, Santa just put the gifts in separate piles for the kids and they just went at it. In my house Santa wrapped everything and we got to unwrap it all. Mike says that Santa shouldn't waste his time wrapping and I say that there is something special about getting to unwrap things one by one instead of just going at a big pile of toys. What do you think? What does Santa do at your house? Vote in my poll, let me know. Carter is getting old enough now that we need to settle this.

8 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

Getting to unwrap presents is way more exciting and even magical! I'm all for the wrapping (Sorry, Mike!).

Kristi said...

What we always did growing up, and now with our kids, is we usually have one big gift from Santa that is unwrapped. The rest of the gifts are wrapped under the tree from the family, but we have always left our Santa presents unwrapped.

Tamara said...

I'm with you Linda, in our house growing up, all of the gifts were wrapped. Another vote for wrapped gifts from Santa.

Nicki said...

I'm so with Angie! Santa wrapped every little stocking stuffer at our house at that was part of the fun.

We are 3. said...

wrapped it is... there's something so magical about having to tear the paper to find your surprise!

Christine Chaplin said...

Oh come on! Santa wraps gifts at our house! I guess I didn't hear about that Chaplin tradition . . . Jon looooves to tear open his gifts (as he thinks about how much each one cost him . . .) ;-)

Manda L. said...

I voted for wrapped gifts, but there is an exception to this. At our house Santa leaves the main gift unwrapped.(looks like others do it too) So you have an immediate surprise when you lay your eyes on the tree first thing in the morning. This is a compromise we made since I came from an all wrapped house and Andy came from one like Mikes. Good luck!

Stewart Family said...

Wrapped!! I am with the wrapped group. Santa wraps everything (maybe the elves have a special wrapping room, or magical paper that the presents fall into. Just one more of those "amazing" things that Santa does. It is so fun to open to find your treasure :o)