Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Housework

I have been sadly absent from the blogging world due to the many house projects that we have under way right now. We are having a Superbowl party this Sunday (which everyone is invited to, just ask me for the details) and so we are in a mad rush to get as much done as possible before then. We finished the floor in one of the bathrooms, replaced both toilets, started the floors upstairs and caulked like crazy (baseboards). I still need to finish painting the dining room, touch up all of the bedrooms, hang closet doors, touch up grout in the bathroom and kitchen, grout the entryway and the landings, and install a vanity. Needless to say, it probably won't all get done. I have also fallen off the skinny wagon. By the time we get everything done at night it is close to midnight and I have no desire/energy to work out. Why not just get up early and work out then, you ask? Well, refer back to the last sentence about going to bed at midnight. And, if you know me at all, you know that I am not a morning person. I have my kids trained to sleep until at least 8 am (Samantha is going through a little 7am rebellious phase, but we'll work through it:)). I love my sleep and although Mike insists that you can change this, I never have been and never will be an early bird. So, I am taking the week easy and will do an extra week at the end to make up for it.

Tonight we have 3 weather warnings: Winter storm watch, wind advisory and wind chill advisory. Which means that we will have blowing snow with wind gusts up to 45mph and wind chill temperatures anywhere from -25 to -30. It blows my mind that anyone would settle here before there were things like furnaces, insulation, electric blankets.... Seriously, say they got here in the summer and didn't know any better. As soon as winter hit, I would have said "oops, big mistake, let's get out of here!" I would not have made a very good pioneer. Having said that I am going to go listen to the roaring wind from the comfort of my electric blanket in bed. Good night!

0 comments: