Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

It's cold!

I am re-thinking my weight loss plan. I may need the extra weight to keep from freezing over this next few weeks. If you missed the Packers game yesterday, it was -24 with the wind chill. It's not that much warmer here. Right now it is only -8, it is snowing, so that warms things up a bit. Mike keep going through our house trying to find ways to warm it up without turning on the furnace. If I had a buck for every time I heard "we need to get some curtains up", I would have enough money to buy the curtains for all 100 windows that need them (ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration). I keep telling him that it is freezing outside, and that curtains aren't going to change that. We haven't gotten our first gas bill yet, the gas company estimated our payments at about $200/month. The other day we had someone out giving us an estimate for a new furnace and he asked me "so what is this one running you, about $600/month?" ?!?!?!?! We are terrified to run the furnace very high now. The kids both have little heaters in their rooms and we have an electric blanket in our room. Don't get me wrong, we aren't freezing, we still keep the heater at 65-68, but it's chilly. Carter has come into our room more than once saying that his room is too cold to sleep. I need the spring to get here! It feels like it has been winter forever. I'm still not sure why I agreed to follow Mike to this arctic tundra. He's sweet, but really??? Maybe the next job will be somewhere warmer.

On another weight loss note, I have been missing my baking, and Mike has a little office birthday party thing tomorrow that he needs to bring treats to. I was so excited to make my chocolate chip cookies, and they totally suck! I used Smart Balance instead of butter in an attempt to make them a little better for us. I shouldn't have. Cookies are not supposed to be healthy and that is all there is to it. I am making him tell everyone that he made them. I want absolutely no credit for them. I told him he couldn't take them in, but he is insisting they aren't that bad. I think he has just been treat-deprived for too long.

This wasn't a very exciting post, but there's not much to write about when you can't leave the house for fear of freezing your face off!

1 comments:

Sarah L. said...

Thanks for leaving your address for me. I love to check your blog and see what you are doing. Have a great day
sarah