Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2007

We have arrived...

You know you have arrived when you get the minivan, right? Although I swore I would never get one--if we ever got a bigger car, it would be a big SUV--meet the newest member of the family:
That's right, a 2001 Honda Odyssey. I actually do love it. I know it is nerdy, but there is definitely a reason why so many people drive them. It is very convenient. Mike is still having a hard time coming to terms with it, but then it wasn't his big booty squeezing in between the car seats. Now my booty can get as big as I want it to get :).
We just need to get rid of our Altima now. If anyone knows of anyone looking for one, you let me know!
Another new arrival is my new camera! I have been looking at them since my parents came out in May. My dad has a nice camera and his pictures looked a lot better than mine (the fact that he is a better photographer in general has nothing to do with this, I'm sure). So I told Mike that when we go the money from selling the condo, I was getting a camera. It actually arrived a week ago, but one of the pixels was out and so I exchanged it. The new one gets here Tuesday, and it feels like Christmas! Here she is, the Nikon D40x:

I went to the library and checked out a bunch of photography books, so I can actually use it. I am very excited. Hopefully I can figure it all out and get some good pictures.

Otherwise, life is fairly uneventful. I am sick, the first time I have been really sick since I was pregnant with Carter, I think. Pre-kids I would have laid on the couch all weekend watching TV. Not anymore, sadly enough, the only thing I have been doing differently is taking a long nap every day with Samantha. We did stay home from church today. It's just a cold, but it sure does suck.

Mike was in Las Vegas for work this past week. He had quite the busy week--Partying it up with the Hilton sisters:


One of his vendors got some of his co-workers and him into the club where they were having a party to celebrate Nicky's new clothing line. Mike also saw LL Cool J and some NBA players. He missed out on the party with Eminem and Jay Z, but I hear there were a bunch of thugs there. I can't believe the amount of money the vendors spend on their buyers. It's nuts. Maybe they should send a little of that cash to the little kids in China making the clothes. But, that's a whole other issue.

Anyways, I am pooped and my hacking cough is getting worse, I am off to bed.

0 comments: