Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Chicago


This last weekend we went down to Chicago with my sister, Amber. Amber and I went down to see "Wicked". Mike went to watch the kids (thanks, Mike!). We loved the show, and the kids were great for Mike back at the hotel (completely unexpected), so it was a success all around.

The next morning we walked around downtown Chicago. The first stop was Millennium Park, where they have these really cool fountains. At first they just look like 2 small-scale skyscrapers. Then water starts flowing and a face appears. After a few minutes water starts pouring out of the mouth.

Before:After:It was cold, so we didn't let Carter play in the water, but you can bet he tried! Notice the lack of shoes--somewhere in the chaos that was getting everything and everyone in the car, his shoes were left behind. We did buy him some further up the street. Am I a bad mom? At least I didn't leave him behind...How pathetic is it that out of 10 pictures, this is the best we could get? We really struggle sometimes. I do love this one of Samantha. We bought her a new coat at H&M (I just discovered the super-cute baby clothes there) and she was doing a fashion show for us at lunch. I love her huge eyes.
One of the reasons I love Chicago is the diversity and the random things that you find there. Here is a drum-line (or bucket-line?)
And say you were walking down the street and all of a sudden you thought "man, I could really go for a game of chess right now", they've got you covered!That's right, step right up and make your move! There weren't many takers when we went by, but I am sure business picked up later :).

It was a fun day, and we were all exhausted by the time we got home, which is always a sign that we enjoyed ourselves.
Off the subject, but a funny side note...Samantha was wearing tights to church the other day and Carter asked what they were. When I told them they were tights, he asked "super tights?". He's a strange one.

0 comments: