Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pinterest Achievements

I’m hoping that everyone reading this has heard of Pinterest.  If you haven’t, you are missing out on a colossal time eating hobby.  One of the jokes about Pinterest is that we all sit around pinning things and never making them/following through.  In order to dispel this myth, I would like to share some of my favorite Pinterest finds. 

Thanksgiving Dessert

I made this dessert for Thanksgiving and it was sooo good (and pretty easy).  But the chocolate on the toffee bits looked kind of gross.  Next time, I’ll stick with just plain toffee bits. 

 

 

New Year's Eve

 

We had this knock-off of the Melting Pot’s Spinach Artichoke fondue for New Year’s Eve.  I couldn’t stop eating it. 

 

THE Punch.  Best punch EVER!!  There is never any left over.

This punch also made it’s debut on New Year’s Eve.

 

Krispy Kreme Cupcakes!  Must make them this weekend.

These Krispy Kreme donuts were to die for.  Although they were more like cake donuts than Krispy Kremes, but whatever.  Definitely will be making these again. 

 

While it may come as no surprise to those who know me best that most of my Pinterest accomplishments are food related, my proudest and favorite ones are not. 

It really works!  My burners look like new :).

I used this tip to clean the burners on my stove and they have never looked better.  Ok, maybe when we first bought the stove they did.  But not since then.  Seriously amazing. 

 

And the one that I am most proud of?  I finished this one last night:

Love this! School-year papers & memorabilia organization

I already had folders in a few spots of things that I wanted to keep that the kids had made, along with report cards and school pictures, but now I have one spot to put everything and I love it!  I made 4 boxes (Office Max has them on sale right now) and so I am set for all of the kids’ stuff that needs saving!

I guess what I am trying to say is that while Pinterest can be a giant waste of time, when used responsibly, it can really lead to some great discoveries! And if you aren’t currently on Pinterest, you probably should be. 

2 comments:

vanessa said...

It's always nice to hear reviews of Pinterest Ideas because sometimes the links are duds or the recipe doesn't taste quite as yummy as it looks. I also like the file folders idea- maybe I should head over to Office Max! :)

Patten Family said...

Totally just went to Pinterest for the first, time, ever. It was neat!

And I'm going to Office Max when the kids wake up to make my boxes. Love it and thanks for sharing this idea! I am an organization freak and love this stuff!