Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Story time!

Once upon a time there was a bathroom. It was an ugly bathroom. An ugly bathroom in an ugly house. It sat, unused and unclean for months while it waited for a new owner to come and save it from it’s ugliness. It had a pink toilet. DSC_0097And a pink sink…DSC_0098And yes, a pink tub. And a nasty floor. And tile that was covering moldy walls that were caving in. DSC_0099This bathroom was tired of looking so bad and feeling so unloved. One day, the new owners that it had dreamed of came along. That bathroom was hopeful as they quickly got rid of that pink toilet, cleaned up the place, and put in new flooring. Soon after came a new white vanity. And a fancy electrical outlet. DSC_0549

But then the progress stopped. That poor bathroom watched as every other room in the house was painted. It became even sadder when the upstairs bathroom was finished and the owners stopped using its shower. Month after month it sat there, half finished, with 4 of its faux tiles popped off where the outlet now sat. It started to think that it would never be pretty. It tried to get some attention by turning off all hot water pressure in the winter, leaking under the sink, and even springing a wax ring leak under the toilet (unbeknownst to the owners).

Then one day, the owners' uncle – Sam, I think it was, sent them a check. And soon after that check came, a nice man named Scott came. Scott cut out that nasty faux tile, pulled up the floor and tore that bathroom apart! Then, a nice man named Tom, and his plumber friend Derek came along and make it all look new! They replaced pipes and hung drywall. They tiled the floor and shower and put in a new tub. By the end of the month, that bathroom felt hotter than a teenage girl headed to prom!

And so, without further adieux, let me introduce the star of our story, Downstairs Bathroom!DSC_0695I love the trim in the shower. DSC_0692It’s kind of hard to get good lighting in there, but you get the gist. DSC_0696DSC_0697I have to toot my own horn here – this was the first time that I have ever used our miter saw on my own. And if I do say so myself, that is one fine looking laundry chute. DSC_0698DSC_0699

I have to admit, it’s now one of my favorite rooms in the house. Come stop by and cop a squat (is that really what it’s called?)! Or just wash your hands, or whatever.

Stay tuned for the story of upstairs kitchen/family room.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I love it - I want to come pop a squat.
I had a Kohls story yesterday and wanted to tell Mike but didn't have your cell number and was too lazy to message him through FB.

Hope u guys are doing well

Unknown said...

Bravo! A Pulitzer-worthy story indeed! Looks fab. And I love the laundry chute!

Christine Chaplin said...

Can't wait to see it! Looks fabulous! Perhaps you should help us with our bathroom. ;-) Next trip.