Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The princesses

I think that girls are hard-wired somehow to love princesses.  I personally don’t remember ever being in love with them.  That may have had something to do with the media black hole that is the 80’s and early 90’s for me.  Maybe I just missed them when I was at that vulnerable age.  Anyways, back to the topic… Me and the kids went rummaging the other day and Samantha brought along some of her money in case she found something that she loved.  She still had $8 in her pocket when we were done.  We had to run to Wal-Mart to pick up Carter’s new glasses (he broke the first pair already) and that money was just burning a hole in Sammy’s pocket.  She would look at anything brightly colored – at one point checking out the razor isle.  Lip gloss, brushes, you name it and she was trying to buy it.  Finally we got to the fish isle.  Turns out you can buy pretty much everything you need to set up a goldfish bowl for about $8.  Meet the princesses –Ariel, Aurora and Bell.  Apparently Bell looks like a grandpa to Carter.  Don’t ask me who is who, because it changes on a daily basis.  IMG_0451IMG_0452

I was trying to set her up for the eventual death of one of them by just mentioning how one would probably die fairly soon.  For the next few days, she would say “I’m just going to go see if one of them died”.  Then a surprised “they’re still alive!”.  I hope don’t expect them to last long with how much she feeds them and the trauma that they go through on almost a daily basis.  Who knows though?  Maybe they will last forever and she can take them to college with her.  Although by then she may have to change their names. 

0 comments: