Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I’m in love…

It was love at first sight slice.  A few years back, I was naive enough to believe that a food processor was a food processor.  They slice, shred, process, whatever.  So I bought a  basic Black and Decker from Kohl’s.  Over the years, as I have been cooking more, I have come to realize that indeed, they are not all the same.  Mine was loud and in spite of having a shredding/slicing disc, it mostly just mutilated anything that I put in there.  And did I mention it was loud?  Carter would run and hide in his room every time I would use it.  

Well, after much convincing, I was able to get Mike to come around. When this beauty went on a fabulous sale a couple of weeks ago, he got it for me as an early birthday present!

CuisinartI put this thing right to work.  Our first processing job was Philly steak and cheese sandwiches from Our Best Bites.  This thing sliced through that mostly frozen meat like butter.  And best of all, it sounds like a kitten purring.   I’ve made pizza dough in it and it came out so smooth and soft.  I made a bunch of baby food today and I have to say I love it more and more every time I use it.  So, if anyone out there is wondering what it really takes to make me a happy woman, high end kitchen gadgets are the key to this woman’s heart.

3 comments:

Christine Chaplin said...

Awesome!!! I would like to say Jon is convinced, however, he is not. I begged him for my Kitchenaid, he bought it for me, and I've barely used it. I have about 5 sweet potatoes to make babyfood for the twins. After talking to you about how to make it, what do I do? I buy a couple cases of it from Babies R Us . . . hey, they had a sale on Earth's Best! :-)

Karen said...

I only have my kitchenaid and two SMALL cuisinarts (like one cup and two cup). I have been thinking for a long time that I want one but haven't wanted to spend the money and haven't wanted to have another electric machine in my kitchen. but maybe it is time....

We are 3. said...

We have this one too and I LOVE it. I love the two bowl sizes too- so handy!