Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Saving the world…

One pothole at a time.  That’s right, I said pothole.  Milwaukee has some of the worst potholes of any city in the country (ok, I’m not sure that’s an actual fact).  Something about sub-arctic winters and circa 1950 roads makes for some harsh driving conditions.  I have had the struts (part of the suspension) replaced on my car not once, but twice already.  Anyways, there was a massive one just up the street.  I had to drive on the opposite side of the road to avoid this pothole.  I use that term loosely, it was more like the Grand Canyon of potholes.  It was at least 6 feet long, 3 feet wide and 6 inches deep.  I finally got online and reported it to the city and the next morning they were out there fixing it!  I felt like a superstar.  I’m just doing my part to make this world a little bit better.  You can thank me next time you come to my house.  Now if someone would just report the other 234,873,492 potholes.