Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Potty Training: Take 5,324

Seriously. We have been potty training Carter off and on for 2 1/2 years now. Can't a girl get a break? We were doing really well before he broke his leg, and now that it's off, we are potty training again. I'm not sure it should really be called potty training. More like full-on bribery. By now, he knows what to do, he just doesn't care to do it. I have no idea why. Well, I do, but that's a whole other story (basically my payback for being a horrible child to my parents - kids be good to your parents!). Anyways, the final trick up my sleeve was to make it a competition between him and Samantha. He loves a good competition. I have always joked that I would end up potty training them together and now it has come back to bite me in the butt. We are now on day 3 of the Chaplin potty training competition and Samantha is kicking butt! Not even 2 years old and she is doing fabulously (I really think she is God's way of telling me it's ok to have more kids). I won't go into details, because blogging about this sort of thing in the past has brought nothing but trouble. I will leave it at this: There may be a time in the near future when I am diaper-free. I know it will be short lived if it happens. There may also be a time in the future when I have 3 kids in diapers and no sanity or hair left. We'll see.

5 comments:

The Burnetts said...

We've been elbow-deep in potty (literally) training for about a year now...what's with these kids? Why does it seem that this was so much easier for our parents than it is for us????!!! Tay better get her act together or we'll be in the same boat with two training kids. Good luck!!!

Jodee Luke said...

we're still working with David on this so any pointers would be appreciated! Good luck! BTW the pics of them in the tub are too cute!

Jill said...

i my gosh, you make me never want to start potty training. i hate that i have two in diapers but i really don't want to start all that nasty stuff. i'm sure i'll be in your same boat. nolan could care less how messy he is. oh man, i'm in for it!

Kat said...

Yikes. I have decided that I am not going to change poopie underwear, so Kaden can be in diapers until he is really ready!

Iris said...

We're right with you in potty training right now. Aden has been a stick in the mud! Way to go Samantha for doing it so young and showing up big bro!