Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mike rocks!

I just have to say that I have one of the greatest husbands ever. He left yesterday - on my birthday - to go to visit his dad in Florida. There were a couple of reasons why he left on that day, and I told him it was fine. that's not necessarily what makes him so great - that part is coming. We went to breakfast before I took him to the airport, then I was planning on going out to lunch with a friend and then just having a quiet night to myself. There were other plans for me though... When I got to Chili's for lunch, I found that Karen had invited a whole group of friends to join us. What a great surprise! We had a delicious lunch and a great time visiting with friends. After a quick Wal Mart trip we came home and put Samantha down for a nap. Of course I didn't feel like cooking (it seems like that is the norm lately), and I had a free birthday burrito at Moe's, so me and the kids headed down and had some delicious burritos (except Samantha, crazy girl just ate chips). As a little treat on the way home we stopped by Ben and Jerry's for free cone day (note to self: Samantha and chocolate ice cream are not a good combination). After all of that, it was definitely bedtime for the kids. As I was getting the kids ready for bed I got a phone call from a friend, Karen, asking if she could stop by and pick something up. I went down to let her in and surprise! There she was with another group of my friends. Mike had arranged a little surprise girl's night! He bought everything for banana splits and arranged for them to come over with a movie and treats so I wouldn't be alone on my birthday. We had a great time watching a chick flick and doing our nails. Although I wish Mike had been here, I have to say it was one of my better birthdays. I am very blessed to have such a great husband and some seriously awesome friends. Thanks to everyone who helped make my day special!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

You deserve it! You're an awesome mom, wife and amazing friend!