Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Potty Training: Take 26

I have finally had it. This kid will learn how to use the toilet. We started again yesterday and I am just throwing everything I've got at him. He's got sticker charts, pee treats, poop treats, treats for staying dry. He has new cool underwear, but he is currently going naked from the waist down because he didn't like the plastic underwear that I got to go over his new underwear. We have been watching potty videos. Seriously, if it has been suggested in any book, blog or website I am doing it. I even had my sister call as Dora yesterday. It does seem to be working though! He stayed dry all day today (and yes, there was a treat for that, too), and even went poop without even telling me. He just went in and went. While this is fabulous, it's also a little frustrating because it just shows that I was right when I said he knew how to do it all along. Apparently there just wasn't enough incentive before. We'll see if it lasts this time. I know both from my own as well as other's experiences that blogging too early about something can curse it, but we'll see! A mom can only take so much!

On another note, my tent came yesterday as promised. Yay! Mike was a little skeptical, but I knew they would pull through. I can't wait to go try it out (like I haven't used the exact same one before, but still)! Maybe we will try to get a Labor Day camping trip together if there isn't snow on the ground yet.

Gotta go paint!

2 comments:

Manda L. said...

So I am totally blog stalking you, I found your blog off a comment on Holly's hope you don't mind!! Looks like the potty training is buckets of fun!

Stewart Family said...

Good luck with the rest of potty training. We'll keep our fingers crossed!!