Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Things work out

I have been really bummed that I haven't been able to get a job. I thought I did well in my interview with Aurora, but they never called me. I was starting to think that maybe I was less qualified than I thought I was. The next stop was the mall (nothing against those that work there, but it wasn't my ideal job). Then, while we were in Denver, we found out that Mike's mom will be coming to live with us within the next month or so. She is pretty sick and needs full-time care. It would have been a lot harder for me to accept this and be ok with it if it meant quitting a job that I just started. It's very interesting to see that Heavenly Father knows what is best for us, even when we don't. I have been praying so hard that I would find a job, and now I know why I didn't!


It will be challenging, and we have a lot to get ready before she comes, but we are looking forward to having Mike's mom close by. I am excited for the kids to get to know their Grandma Jayme better. She is a wonderful person and a great mother. I am hoping that some of that will rub off on me!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you guys! It really is amazing to see Heavenly Father's hands in our lives. Don't worry so much about the potty training either. Zach was 3 1/2 before he was completely potty trained. I know how frustrating it is, though, because you know they know how to do it, and they are more than capable. It really seems to be a power struggle for the boys. Although our daughter was completely potty trained and has gone back to diapers! Ugh. Don't worry, they get it eventually. Even if it drives you to insanity.