Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

One Month!

DSC_4107bwSadly, I didn’t realize that Adam was one month old until the 10th (he was born on the 9th).  He’s a fourth child, I guess it’s to be expected.  But it has been a month, and a crazy one at that.  Adam is not the easy going, mellow baby that I had hoped for.  He’s not horrible, and really I can’t complain.  He just likes to be held.  A lot.  I just realized today that it’s not the car seat that he hates, it’s the fact that he’s not being held.  He freaks out in the bouncy seat too.  He’s just a little snuggle bug.  I have been sooooo lucky to have my sister Sarah out here to help out.  Otherwise we would not be able to indulge in his snuggly nature nearly as much as he would like. 

Other than his refusal to be set down, he’s a good baby.  He’s eating like a champ and growing like a weed.  He’s already starting to grow out of some of his 0-3 month clothes.  Not surprising, considering he started out so big. 

The rest of us are surviving.  Ben is a much sweeter, gentler big brother than I expected him to be.  I know it’s helped having Sarah here, but he has adjusted really well so far.   Carter and Sammy hardly missed a beat.  They are loving the extra screen time they get while we aren’t going a lot of places and are still doing their best to drive me insane.

I think I have had the hardest time adjusting to everything.  Before Adam came, me and Ben had our little routine down.  The house was relatively clean, we both took naps almost every day, and things were good.  Then the kids got out of school for the summer, my house is a disaster, the only routine we have is the lack of one, and no one is napping anymore except Adam.  I feel like my life is completely out of control.  I keep telling myself that in a few months the kids will be back in school and Adam will be on a better schedule, but I’m pretty sure my house will never be clean again and it will be a long, long time (if ever) before I get any naps.  But I will survive.  And he is most definitely worth it.  So sweet.  DSC_410bw2DSC_4108beDSC_4110bwDSC_4141bwDSC_4130hhDSC_4137-001DSC_4144-001

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh my gosh, he is CUTE!!! Don't worry, Linda. My house hasn't been clean in two years. That should make you feel a bit better. :)

Ruth said...

Beautiful pictures!!! Such a cutie!

Jessica said...

Oh Linda! Beautiful pictures!! he is a precious one! I hope things will continue to get easier and you can have a routine again :) you sure make gorgeous babies!