Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Mother’s Day!

(I found this post that I wrote and never posted back in May – oops!)

I am one lucky mama!  I woke up to breakfast in bed, followed by  gifts of some of my favorite treats and a new flash that I have been eying for a while.  As I write this, Mike is in the kitchen making dinner and the kids are playing quietly downstairs.  Pretty close to a perfect day if you ask me. 

Growing up, motherhood was never in my plans.  I was going to be a doctor.  A pediatrician in fact.  I had no plans of marriage and was fine with that.  I had never been baby hungry.  I never looked longingly at bridal magazines.  I wasn’t jealous when my friends got married; it just wasn’t for me.  Then along came Mike.  And I decided maybe marriage wouldn’t be so bad after all.  And if we are getting married, I may as well go all out and try out motherhood too. I blame Mike and organic chemistry for changing my life plans (O-chem was a killer!) and I am so grateful that they did.  I could have never imagined then the joy and fulfillment I would find in this life.  Yes, we have our fights and sometimes the bad days outnumber the good.  But I wouldn’t trade this job for any other in the world.  I am so grateful for the responsibility and privilege it is to be these kids’ mom. I’m grateful for a husband who works so hard providing for us that I am able to stay home with them.  They may get sick of me at times, but I absolutely love the fact that I get to be there for all the little moments.  As I look forward to adding one more, I am a little bit overwhelmed with the trust that Heavenly Father has in me to send these sweet spirits to me.   I can’t wait to see what is in store for them as they grow up. 

 

Love these guys!

DSC_0113

0 comments: