Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

No more training wheels!

I have been trying to get Carter to take off his training wheels for a couple of years now. His first real attempt was back in Yellowstone where he nearly crashed into a tree.  DSC_0358

Ok, he crashed into the tree. But he was ok. Ok, but scarred. I have tried taking off his training wheels in an attempt to force him to learn to ride without training wheels. He just stopped riding his bike and started riding Samantha’s until I put them back on. Have I ever mentioned that he is super stubborn? Well, after the neighbor boy, who is a year younger than Carter, rode with his dad in a 5 mile ride for the arts last month, I decided that this was the summer he would learn.  I pulled out the old potty training trick, which works most of the time, and that is to get Samantha to do it first.  So I got Sammy all pumped up about riding with no training wheels.  We even got her a new bike (she had grown out of the little 12” batman bike a while ago).  Then I set a date and we went to a park where there is a great trail for learning.  DSC_0276And guess who picked it up in no time at all?  That’s right, it looks like it was time after all.  He later told me that he had no intention of learning how to ride his bike at all.  He was just coming along to play on the playground.  Stinker.  DSC_0282Ben got more comfortable with the batman bike, which is now his.  Although he was not happy with me taking pictures of him.  Here he was telling me “Don’t take pictures!”DSC_0290I didn’t listen.  DSC_0291And Sammy made some great progress too.  She’s not quite there, but I’m pretty sure she’ll have it by the end of the summer.  DSC_0305

1 comments:

vanessa said...

Okay this makes me feel better! Avery is stubborn too and won't learn. I should try teaching Camryn! Glad he finally figured it out!